Monday, August 30, 2010

Is A Utg M14 Compatible With

Ötztal Bike Marathon is not just a dream ....

The annual luck of the draw was the Diakonia Fund Racing team this year, unfortunately not hold, but I was lucky enough to get transferred to a pre-assigned grid position and was able to start on 08/29/2010 in Soelden.


Here is a brief report: To find

a good position in the more than 4,000 cyclists counted amount I'm about 5:45 clock (about an hour before) rolled to the start. The weather had improved contrary to previous Vorsage, so it was dry and in the course of the race alternated between cloudy and sunny. When it finally started, it was frozen at 5 degrees by going there.
was the rapid pace it down a slight slope at the Ötztal, until the first pass - began to Kühtai. Finally now there was a re-warm. ...


This pass is no doubt partially rather steep, but even with fresh legs but then it went up pretty fast.


top, I made my then equal to the exit. This is everybody knows, not completely harmless, since speeds are achieved up to 100 km / h..


is also the danger that a free-range cow stands in your way. With this knowledge, but then I'm left a bit defensive.
In Innsbruck I could join a fast group, so I quite quickly came up the torch. We went over to Sterzing Jaufenpass. Since I still felt pretty good, I am addressing the pass fairly quickly and was able to get some.


Now it went down again. Again, this departure was not without risk, but this time because of the very poor road surface with clear plans and road damage. Here, too, absolute care was announced!
arrived in Leon, it was the surrounding region as well as the last serious pass high. Here I saw clearly my legs are becoming increasingly heavy and had to switch back several courses, so that I was overtaken by several bikers again. Fortunately, there were still a half at the aid station where I was able to strengthen, among other things with Coke. It was pretty tough but not further ...


... until just before the pass, the jerseys hanging in the bends and then a tunnel hinted the achievement of the pass.


came Now even smaller waves until it finally went down to Sölden in the Ötztal. But on the descent I always had to be drawn faster riders, because I lacked the strength to stay tuned. Once in the target, but then I was very proud of my time of just under 9 hours at 238km and 5,500 meters.


Allen Diakonia Fund Racing bikers who could not start this year, I wish that it works out next year. Despite the hardships, I think, a very impressive race.
Martin Grözinger

0 comments:

Post a Comment